The toolbar appears at the left of the OoyalaMAM interface. Manage Bulk Assets and clips in your
Clip Bin, as well as view all your files and folders from the Folder Navigation panel.
When you check multiple assets in your asset list, you will be able to see them grouped under Bulk Assets.
Using Bulk Assets
You can apply preconfigured custom wizards on these bulk assets by clicking the wizard icon
To perform quick actions to bulk Assets
- Select two or more assets from your asset list with shift/cmd click (on Mac) or shift/ctrl click (on Windows).
- A quick actions panel will appear on the right of the screen.
- Click or drag and drop your selected assets on Add to: Clip Bin, Add to: Collection, Create Group, or Edit Metadata to to perform these actions.
To perform actions on your bulk assets
- Click the at the top right corner of the Bulk Assets list and select an action (such as Extract, Delete, Launch, etc) from the scrollable drop down menu.
- Clicking on an action will launch a wizard in a pop up window.
- You can now configure any settings and once you are happy, click Run Now.
To add your bulk assets to a collection:
Click the at the top right corner of the Bulk Assets list.
In the Collections pop up window, do one of the following:
- locate the collection you want to save your bulk assets to and tick the checkbox.
- click CREATE A NEW COLLECTION or and name your new collection.
Within Bulk Assets you can also edit metadata in bulk for all your selected assets.
- Click the at the top right corner of the asset list and select Bulk Edit Metadata, etc) from the scrollable drop down menu.
- The assets will be grouped by their metadata schemas. You can switch between them using the drop down menu above the asset list.
- Edit the metadata in the metadata tab in panel on the right.
- Hit the Save button to apply your changes.
When you go to the Sequence page, the Clip Bin will load by default unless you have a collection
activated. However, you can load collections to create sequences with by navigating to different
collections with the folder navigation panel.
To add assets to your sequences timeline:
- Click Sequences on your toolbar.
- Once you are in the sequences page, you can use the folder navigation panel on the right to load collections, from which you can add assets to your timeline.
- Hover over an asset or clip and click to add it to your timeline. Alternatively, you can drag and drop your asset into the timeline.
- You can also click at the top right corner and select Add all clips to timeline to add all the clips to the timeline at once.
To use the sequence timeline:
- On the sequence timeline, right click on a clip to see the following pop up . This will allow you to perform the following actions:
- Reorder your clips using the left right arrows
- Remove a clip from the sequence by clicking
- Click the on your selected clip to open the preview panel for the entire asset and create more clips if you like.
- Audio tracks will also appear on the sequence timeline. If your asset has multiple audio tracks, you will be able to select audio tracks for playback.
- Play your sequence using the playback buttons in the preview player.
- Use the Zoom slider to zoom in and out on your clips and their waveforms.
- Click to run preconfigured wizards on your sequence.
- Click to perform actions on your sequence.
- Click to delete all the clips in your sequence.
To use drag and drop on the sequence timeline:
- Drag and drop clips or assets from the list to the sequence timeline.
- Reorder your clips on the timeline by dragging and dropping them to the position you desire.
Collection Navigation Panel
Your Activity and Collections folders appear here. Under Activity you will find your Saved Searches
while under Collections you will find Public, Private, and Active Collections.
You can find your Saved Searches folder under the Activity section. Learn how to create a Saved Search
To delete a saved search:
- Expand your Saved Searches folder.
- Locate the saved search you wish to delete.
- Click on the that appears when you hover over it.
- In the popup window, click Yes, please to confirm your action
Under Collections, you’ll find your Clip Bin, Active Collections, and your Private and Public
collections. You can display the assets within your collections in different views (tile or list) with the
and icons at
the top right of the asset list. You can easily create collections and manage them by dragging and dropping assets
into different collections.
Using the Clip Bin
The Clip Bin is where you will find all the clips you create.
Any clip you create will appear here and will be loaded by default when you go to Sequence unless you have a
collection activated. Unless loaded in Sequence, your Clip Bin will behave in the
same way as other collections.
To manage your Clip Bin:
- Hover over a clip to perform the following actions:
- Remove a clip from your Clip Bin by clicking
- Run wizards on a clip by clicking
- Click and then select Manage Collection to move or copy clips to other collections.
- Use the icons at the top right corner of the asset list to perform the following actions:
- Run wizards on the entire Clip Bin by clicking
- View details of your Clip Bin by clicking
- Toggle between Tile and List views with the and icons
- Save the Clip Bin as a collection by clicking
To save your Clip Bin as a collection:
- In your Clip Bin, click on the top right corner of the asset list.
- In the pop up window, name your new collection.
- Click Save Collection.
- Your collection will appear under your Private collection on the left.
To use your Clip Bin when it is loaded in Sequence:
- Remove clips from your Clip Bin by clicking and then selecting
Clear Clip Bin or remove them one by one by clicking on the
clip you want to delete.
You can activate collections to Active Collections for ease of access. If you have a collection activated,
new clips you create will be added to that collection instead of the Clip Bin, taking on the behaviour of
the clip bin.
To activate a collection:
- Within your collections, find the one you want to activate.
- Hover over it and click and the collection will appear in Active Collections.
- Deactivate a collection from Active Collections by simply clicking again.
Private and Public Collections
When you create collections, you can add them to private or public collections.
To add a private or public collection
- In the folder navigation panel, select the folder level (Public or Private) at which you wish to create your new collection.
- Click .
- In the Collections pop up window, name your collection and click Save or hit Enter on your keyboard.
- You can create as many new collections as you wish by clicking the that appears on hover, or clicking CREATE NEW COLLECTION.
- Once you are happy with your new collection(s), you can close the window by clicking anywhere on the screen.
- You can now add assets to the collection. Learn how to do this here.
To remove an asset from a collection:
- Remove assets from your collection by hovering over the selected asset and clicking
To delete a collection:
- Expand your Collections folder and locate the collection you wish to delete.
- Click the that appears on hover.
- In the popup window, click Yes, please to confirm your action.
To view collection details
- Click the at the top right of the asset list.
- The collection details will be displayed in the panel on the right of the page.