This page details the ways you can manage your assets with the preview panel which appears on the left of
the screen when you click on an asset.
The top half of the Preview Panel features a player for video assets. Here you can review your video
assets as well as perform various actions such as name changes, asset download, clipping, commenting, and more.
To edit the name of your asset:
- Hover over and click the asset name field or the at the top of the Preview Panel.
- Rename your asset as you wish, taking note that the asset name cannot contain the following characters: ‘ “ @ ~ * ^
- Click the checkmark or hit Enter to save your the new asset name.
To expand/collapse preview:
Click on the left of the asset name in the Preview Panel
to expand or collapse asset preview.
To run custom wizards:
Click at the top right of the Preview Panel to select from
custom preconfigured wizards that you can run against your asset.
To use playback controls:
You can use the playback controls to play and pause your video asset, as well as skip and rewind to the previous
and next frames.
In addition to using the playback controls, you can also hit the spacebar on your keyboard to play/pause
your video, hit “j” to reverse playback, “l” to forward playback. Hit “,” or “.” on your
keyboard to skip the video back/forward by one frame. Hit shift + ← to skip backwards by one second
and shift + → to skip ahead.
To view your asset in fullscreen:
- Click or hit “f” on your keyboard
- Simply click the icon again or hit “f” or “esc” to exit full screen mode.
To create a new clip:
- On your selected video asset, play your video or drag the player slider to where you want your clip to begin.
- Click or hit “i” on your keyboard.
- Now allow your video to play or drag the slider to the point to where you want your clip to end.
- Click or hit “o” on your keyboard.
- You can play your selection by clicking or clear your selection by clicking .
- If you are happy with your selection, click the or hit “e” on your keyboard.
- Name your new clip or simply use the auto generated name.
- Click the or hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Your clip will be created and can be viewed in the Clip Bin under Collections in the left panel. You can learn how
to use your Clip Bin to create sequences here.
To adjust playback speed:
- On your selected asset, click the playback speed icon.
- From the menu, you can select to speed up or slow down playback speed.
- On your selected asset, play your video or move the player slider to the part you wish to comment on. You can also use the set in and set out icons to comment on a section of the video.
- Click to the right of the playback controls or hit “c” on your keyboard and comment field will appear.
- In the comment field, enter your comment.
- Click or hit Enter to add your comment.
- You can now see your comment and the timestamp(s) in the comments tab.
To adjust the volume of your audio or video asset:
- Locate the volume icon preview player.
- Hovering over will reveal the volume bar. Adjust the slider to your liking.
- Alternatively, click the icon to mute .
Preview Panel Tabs
The tabs located at the bottom half of the Preview Panel allow you to view and configure your asset
metadata, view comments, as well as set and create keyframes.
The metadata tab it allows you to add metadata to
your assets, which is useful for categorizing content, processing data, and specifying technical information about the asset.
- Navigate to the metadata tab by clicking the tab marked with .
- Here you can fill in the metadata fields relevant to your selected asset.
- Click Save when you are satisfied with your edits.
The metadata tab is available in the Preview Panel
and it allows you to add useful information to your assets, which is useful for categorizing content, processing
data, and specifying technical information about the asset.
Viewing asset details
Navigate to the Details tab by clicking the tab marked with .
This tab displays basic details of your selected asset such as file type, file owner, asset origin etc. These
details cannot be edited.
Comments can be posted against the entire media asset, as well as a specific point or time range within a video
asset. Learn how to add a timeline comment
Navigate to the comments tab by clicking the tab marked with .
Here, you can view comments you and other users have left about the selected asset.
- Clicking on an existing comment will skip to the point or highlight the section of the video asset that the comments are relevant to.
- Play the section the comment was applied against by clicking the that appears when you hover over the comment.
- Edit your comments by clicking the which appears on hover and making your changes in the text field. Click to save your changes, or to cancel.
- Delete your comments by clicking the which appears on hover.
Managing asset access permissions
In the Access tab, you can get a view of which Users or Groups have access to your selected asset. You can toggle between the respective tabs to view the Roles of these users and groups. Users with the correct permissions will also be able to grant user or user groups access to an asset.
Metadata markers mark events at specific times in a video asset. You can view markers for your selected
asset in the Metadata markers tab by clicking the tab marked with in the Preview Panel, but you must go to the Manage Page to add metadata markers.
Navigate to the keyframe tab by clicking the tab marked with . Here you can manage the keyframes of your selected asset. You can set a master keyframe to be the cover of your asset in tile view.
To upload a keyframe:
- Click at the top right corner of the keyframe tab.
- This will open a window where you can either drag and drop an image or click to upload an image. You can only upload one keyframe at a time.
- Once you have selected an image, you can do the following:
- Add a title and description (optional)
- Tick the Master Keyframe checkbox to automatically set it as the
master keyframe once uploaded.
- Click Upload.
- Your newly uploaded keyframe will now appear in the keyframe tab.
To download a keyframe:
Select the keyframe you want to download and click .
- On your selected asset, move the player slider to the frame you wish to extract.
- Click the icon.
- If you wish, give your keyframe a Title and Description by clicking on the respective fields and editing as desired. Don’t forget to click Save.
To delete a keyframe:
Select the keyframe you want to delete and click the icon.
To set and unset a master keyframe:
- Select an existing keyframe.
- Tick the Set master keyframe checkbox.
- You should now see your master keyframe when you check your asset in tile view.
- Simply uncheck the checkbox to unset the master keyframe.