Types of Formats
File Format Support
By “support” we mean:
- Ooyala Flex understands file format types such as PNG, JPEG, MP4, and so on.
- Ooyala Flex can extract a range of technical data about a file by analysing its internal structure, such as codec, bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio, and so on.
- Ooyala Flex has been principally designed to support audio-visual assets, including audio only, video only, and audio and video files. Ooyala Flex also supports the more common image formats.
- It is possible to ingest non-supported files into Ooyala Flex. If Ooyala Flex cannot support them, then the format will be marked as unknown and no technical metadata for the file will be visible.
- Ooyala Flex supports a large range of file formats and codecs, which means it can be used in a wide range of industries and scenarios. For example: production, post-production, distribution, and so on.
A complete list of supported formats is provided in this section.
This guide covers the following topics: